I've decided to publish my past year's statistics for public consumption. Note that my site doesn't get a ton of traffic. A few things I took note of:
- February was my biggest month of traffic until the end of September/October. We had two Blizzards in February which I blogged and photographed extensively. Capital Weather Gang here in DC linked to me several times which brought in a ton (for me) of traffic . September/October was when I launched HowToUseAnEscalatorInDC.com & HowToUseMetro.com.
- I get a metric shitton of robots hits whether from search engine crawlers or spambot scrapers. Google is #1. Spammers are #2. Yahoo is #3. Baidu is #4. Bing is #5.
- Chrome has almost caught up to Firefox.
- If you are one of the 19% who browse my website using IE6, please stop. Get off the Internet. You do not deserve to own a computer.
- Safari beats both IE7 and 8.
- More people use iPhones than Linux (haha).
- Nintendo Wii? Who was that? Someone I know, no doubt.
- OSX is almost up to 30%.